Sep 12, 2019, 8:00 AM – Sep 18, 2019, 4:00 PM
Vatnajökull National Park, Klapparstígur 25-27, Iceland
Námskeið | Workshop
7 days - WIM HOF RETREAT ICELAND in the amazing South. Glacier Lagoons, Ice caves and more!
Cold Therapy | Breath | Mindset | Movement
You are invited into a space of self-discoveries in a pristine location!
What if there was a way to tap into our inner abilities, our forgotten inner knowledge, and regain conscious control, not only over the deeper parts of the brain but to all systems? Away from the suppression of feelings/emotions, therefore living with less stress, more vitality and joy.
The Wim Hof Method is built on three pillars, which are breathing, cold therapy and commitment. Combined, these three pillars form a powerful method that is capable of changing your life.
Proper exposure to the cold starts a cascade of health benefits. The breathing technique brings back the awareness of the tremendous potential for more energy, reduced stress levels, and an augmented immune response. And the third pillar of the Wim Hof method is the foundation of the other two: both require patience and dedication in order to be fully mastered. Armed with focus and determination you are ready to explore and eventually master your own body and mind.
This particular area in the south of Iceland offers a unique experience like no other. A location to disconnect from everything and tap into your innate abilities, while being surrounded by the most remarkable glacier nature in Iceland; with glacier lagoons, ice caves, tall waterfalls, the biggest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull, the diamond beach, captivating national parks and pristine nature, where every corner becomes an astonishing sight. Including the possible arrival of the northern lights!
What you will discover:
• Understanding and excelling your mind-body connection
• Breathing for optimal health
• Cold Exposure. The art of letting go in tough situations.
• Using cold as a mental and physical health tool
• Mindful movement. Understanding how your body works
• The power of group synergy
• The unlimited battery charge that Icelandic nature offers
Cold Therapy is suited for anyone that would like to challenge and explore their own innate capabilities. It is also a powerful tool to address the following:
• For Endurance
• For Optimal Health
• For Chronic Pain
• For Stress Relief
• For Mental Peace
• For Weight Loss
Suitable for anyone, over 18 years old, that has the call to join this adventure.
About the instructors:
You will be well taken care of by 3 certified Wim Hof instructors. Douwe Van Den Berg, Vilhjálmur Andri Einarsson and Tanit Karolys.
• About Douwe: This dutchmen had his first cold challenges in a kung fu school in China. He soon learned about Wim Hof and became one of the first whm instructors. Douwe is apart from a senior WHM instructor (Level 3), breath coach and movement teacher and has enthusiastically explored many different body and mind methods. As WHM instructor he is teaching retreats internationally including ‘teaching the teachers’ for the whm academy. Douwe teaches people in a playful way to explore body and mind. An emphasis on breathing, safety, body awareness and body intuition.
• About Andri: Born in the land of Ice and Fire, Iceland, Andri is a Life Coach, Cold Therapy & Movement expert. A method that has impacted his life to the point to define himself to be "reborn", the inflection point from where years of severe chronic lumbar pain and migraines simply disappeared. Inspired by his studies in Mindfulness, Yoga, Movement, Cold Therapy (Wim Hof Method) and other techniques, he is now dedicated to share his story aiming to guide others to be re-born to the health benefits of Cold Therapy.
• About Tanit: Original from the land of sun and heat, Spain and now adopted by Iceland. Tanit is a Life Coach, Cold Therapy and Yoga teacher, specialized in ancient techniques for self improvement, mental and spiritual healing as well as physical health. She comes from a long corporate background where her own burnout experience led her to understand the importance of a balanced life and strong connection to our own inner abilities. She blends Yoga, ancient techniques, physical therapy and the Wim Hof Method, to take you to your next level.
12-18 September 2019
Where we meet:
If coming from abroad, arrive to Keflavík International Airport. More details will follow upon registration.
We will be staying close to the biggest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull in the south eastern part of Iceland. Perfectly located near many of the major natural attractions in the region. Each room fits 2 or 3 persons. Ideally located to see northern lights if they decide to appear.
What is included:
• All meals and activities (includes glacier activities)
• Accommodation & facilities
• Nature hikes
• Geothermal Hot springs visits
• Transfer from / to Reykjavik
More details will be sent upon registration.
Standard Price: 1.950 EUR
To book your spot, follow the link or message us.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:+354 8980280